Landscape approaches call for innovative interventions that cut across sectors and scales. Public and private funders are ready to invest but there are gaps to bridge. Integrated landscape investments, which enable bankable projects to be realized, need to be built on shared understandings and motivations between landscape inhabitants and leaders and the world of finance.
Are you from the finance world and want to think from a landscape perspective? Or, are you working in or for a landscape and want to mobilise resources? Join this free open online MOOC and bridge the gap between finance and landscapes. Gain critical insights and develop the skills to capitalize on investors motivation to invest and the need for innovative financing in landscapes
You’ll hear from financial experts about their experiences with stimulating game-changing investments. You will learn about multi-sector, multi-stakeholder investments that manage and affect multiple landscape functions.
Join the course now and jump right into breaking down complex language and concepts in a light and highly interactive manner. Learn about plural values and how they can be achieved with the right investment. Learn too how to stimulate, secure and coordinate the execution of that investment. During this course, you’ll also learn to develop integrated investment strategies to support landscape leaders and investors in their related efforts.
What you’ll learn
- How integrated landscape investments can add financial value
- What sources of capital are available for integrated landscape investments
- Which types of financial mechanisms can support integrated landscape investments
- How to use blended finance to support integrated landscape investments
- Coordinate finance at a landscape scale, considering institutional needs
This course is part of the Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes online programme. Developing your leadership skills and knowledge is the first step. The Landscape Academy Programme contains much more to prepare and guide you on your mission to strengthen your landscapes. The Online programme Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes lets you harness the power of place and advance your career as a landscape leader. The programme consists of the following courses:
- Landscape Leadership: Catalyse sustainable development in Landscapes
- Landscape Finance: Investing in Innovation for Sustainable Landscapes
- Landscape Governance: Collaborating Across Sectors and Scales
- Climate Action in Biodiverse Landscapes