We’re facing a number of complex and interrelated problems such as rising food prices, economic downturn, climate change, and increased competition on the use of natural resources.
Integrated landscape approaches have the power to help us solve these problems. They offer new insights and opportunities for sustainable development but demand new skills and knowledge.
To achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), diverse landscape stakeholders need to find a common ground and learn to understand plural and complex landscape issues, processes and perspectives.
Join this programme to understand what changes and skills are needed to make these changes and what your role in this should be. Thinking from a spatial perspective, this programme focuses on the multi-functionality and cross-sector nature of landscapes.
In this Professional Certificate Programme you will learn about four major elements in landscape thinking:
- Integrated Landscape Finance
- Landscape Governance
- Landscape Leadership
- Climate change and climate action
The programme consists of online courses in which you will learn that the application of landscape approaches to address complex developmental and environmental challenges requires a shift in mind-set, perspective and skillset.
The courses in this programme have been developed to enhance your ability to think beyond the sector and in a more integrated and transformative manner. The courses will equip you with the skills and tools needed to transform your landscapes and teach you how to integrate the necessary climate action. Not only will you be able to analyse, you will learn how to bring knowledge into action in order to promote climate smart landscapes on a local scale and/or across the world.
The Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes programme is developed and delivered by a network of globally active partners under the momentum and umbrella of the Global Landscapes Forum
What you’ll learn
- Understand the relation between landscapes and leadership
- Understand the requirements of distributed landscape leadership
- Prioritise leadership skills needed for facilitating change in your landscape
- Decide what to do when leadership gets difficult
- Manage conflicts and get to negotiated solutions
- Cultivate innovation in your landscape
- How to apply an integrated and spatial approach and to think beyond traditional governance arrangements
- Understand and manage landscape and stakeholder dynamics for successful landscape interventions
- Learn why formal and informal institutions are key to landscape governance
- Explore opportunities for achieving policy integration within your own landscape
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses within your landscape and create innovative governance arrangements at landscape level
- Learn how integrated landscape investments can add financial value
- What sources of capital can be mobilised and blended for landscape investments
- Which financial mechanisms can support landscape investments
- The challenges and pathways to bankable projects
- Innovations for coordinating and facilitating landscape investments
- Define and explain different forms of climate action and understand the global urgency to take collective action
- Understand how climate change is impacting you and your landscape and why the landscape is a good entry point to take climate action
- Understand the relationship between climate change and biodiversity, and why integrating biodiversity in climate action is essential
- Assess stakeholder dynamics in your landscape and understand the importance of effective multi-stakeholder collaboration for climate action
- Apply participatory tools and methods to assess climate vulnerabilities and identify, prioritise and assess adaptation and mitigation measures to support landscape decision making
- Explain what nature-based climate solutions are and how they can benefit your landscape
- Turn your climate action into a business case and identify potential sources of climate finance
Landscape Leadership: Catalyse Sustainable Development in Landscapes
Learn how to become a landscape leader! Get the skills to mobilise human resources, manage and resolve conflict and facilitate and motivate stakeholders to achieve SDG-focused sustainable change.
Landscape Governance: Collaborating Across Sectors and Scales
Finding local solutions to global challenges relies on collaboration & innovation. Equip yourself with the knowledge & skills to design and implement effective landscape governance that harnesses the power of place for sustainable landscape solutions.
Landscape Finance: Investing in Innovation for Sustainable Landscapes
Bridge the gap between finance and landscape! Learn to navigate the web of landscape financial flows, mechanisms and requirements toward developing cutting-edge business cases and models for sustainable development in landscapes.
Climate Action in Biodiverse Landscapes
There is no planet B. It’s time to take effective climate action for which collaboration and innovation are key. This online course will boost your knowledge and skills to help you move from analysis to action in order to develop climate smart landscapes across the world.