Professional Certificate in Sustainable & Inclusive LandscapesThis programme consists of online courses in which you will learn that the application of landscape approaches to address complex developmental and environmental challenges requires a shift in mind-set, perspective and skillset.
About this course
We’re facing a number of complex and interrelated problems such as rising food prices, economic downturn, climate change, and increased competition on the use of natural resources.
Integrated landscape approaches have the power to help us solve these problems. They offer new insights and opportunities for sustainable development but demand new skills and knowledge.
To achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), diverse landscape stakeholders need to find a common ground and learn to understand plural and complex landscape issues, processes and perspectives.
Join this programme to understand what changes and skills are needed to make these changes and what your role in this should be. Thinking from a spatial perspective, this programme focuses on the multi-functionality and cross-sector nature of landscapes.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the complexity and diversity of food production systems;
- Use a systems approach in the context of food production systems;
- Understand the principles of system analysis and how it can be applied in the context of food production systems;
- Understand evaluation methods for environmental impact of food production systems in different agro-ecological and socio-economic contexts and at different levels (e.g. farm, regional and global);
- Evaluate strong and weak points of different food production systems in terms of environmental sustainability.
- In this Professional Certificate Programme you will learn about four major elements in landscape thinking:
- Integrated Landscape Finance
- Landscape Governance
- Landscape Leadership
- Climate change and climate action
The programme consists of online courses in which you will learn that the application of landscape approaches to address complex developmental and environmental challenges requires a shift in mind-set, perspective and skillset.
The courses in this programme have been developed to enhance your ability to think beyond the sector and in a more integrated and transformative manner. The courses will equip you with the skills and tools needed to transform your landscapes and teach you how to integrate the necessary climate action. Not only will you be able to analyse, you will learn how to bring knowledge into action in order to promote climate smart landscapes on a local scale and/or across the world.
The Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes programme is developed and delivered by a network of globally active partners under the momentum and umbrella of the Global Landscapes Forum.
This course is part of the XSeries programme Food Security and Sustainability, which learns you more about how we can feed the world with its growing population and wealth in a sustainable way. The other MOOCs in this XSeries are Sustainable Food Security: Crop Production and Sustainable Food Security: Food Access.